Spending a day at the beach is a perfect activity for a hot summer day. The beach breeze and ocean water will cool you off and is a great way to beat the heat.
Here are our top 8 beach essentials you should remember to bring on your next visit:
- Swimsuit: no matter if you’re just lounging on the shore or planning on taking a dip in the water, wearing a swimsuit to the beach is essential. There are hundreds of swimsuit styles to choose from whether you prefer bikinis or one-pieces. And if you don’t feel comfortable showing too much skin, there are also many different styles of wraps and cover-ups you can wear on top of your swimsuit.
- Sunscreen: an uncomfortable sunburn can ruin your day, so prevent this by applying a water-resistant sunscreen to your entire body and remember to reapply every 2 hours!
- Umbrella: an umbrella blocks the sun’s direct rays and can make your shore lounging experience more comfortable. We recommend choosing an umbrella style with a sand anchor at the base to prevent your umbrella from flying away on those windy days.
- Sunglasses: the sun can cause damage to your retina and your eyes can actually become sunburnt from overexposure to light, so make sure to wear a pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays
- Hat: whether you’re a floppy straw hat, a sporty visor or baseball cap, or a bucket hat kind of person, a stylish sun hat can complete your summer beach look all while offering maximum UV protection and shade for your scalp
- Towel: make sure to bring a lightweight towel for lounging on the shore or drying your body off after a swim
- Water Bottle: being in the sun for extended periods of time could lead to dehydration and heat stroke, so bringing a bottle of water with you is essential for preventing thirst and staying hydrated
- Hairbrush/comb: salty ocean water can leave knots and tangles in your hair, so having a comb or hairbrush handy will help you maintain and smooth out all those tangles