Mini desserts are having a moment now in the baking world! I personally like eating delicious confections when they’re miniature sized and guilt-free! Here are my five favorite types of mini desserts I enjoy baking when hosting parties or dinners:
- Mini cupcakes: Mini cupcakes can be very fun and aesthetically pleasing when done with a bit of creativity. I personally like making mini devil’s food flavored cupcakes with a peanut butter cupcake filling, lightly salted peanut butter frosting, and top them with semisweet mini chocolate chips!
- Mini French macarons: French Macarons can be difficult to execute successfully, so expect a bit of a challenge if you’re inspired to bake these. Macarons are an attractive mini dessert option because they are super sophisticated, delicious, and versatile to play around with in terms of flavoring!
- Mini molten lava cakes: Chocolate molten lava cakes are so decadent and smooth on the tongue- add some extra charm by making them miniature sized. Trying a red velvet flavored cake can even add some holiday spirit to the dessert!
- Mini pecan tassies: This pecan pie and shortbread cookie combination dessert is an elegant mini dessert option. This buttery confection almost melts in the mouth with the perfect amount of tart-like crumble.
- Mini apple pies: Using a cupcake tin, you can easily convert your favorite apple pie recipe into mini pies! Homemade apple pie is such a warm and spiced dessert that is sure to add a lot of charm and flavor to any dinner experience.